Our son got married in October. I am not usually a wearer of shawls but this seemed like the perfect occasion to weave something fun that I would wear - at least once.
I had variegated fiber in my stash that matched my dress along with some turquoise silk that picked up one of the colors from the variegation. Of course I was in a hurry so I thought I had enough of the first fiber by weight - but didn't check the quantity. About a third of the way through the warp I ran out so ended up finding other fiber that was a good match along the sides. When I was sleying the reed I found that the slubs in the fiber wouldn't pull through a 12 dent so I had to change to a 10 dent!
So, it ended up a little more loosely woven that I had originally intended but I feel fortunate that it turned out at all in hindsight! And it was the perfect weight for the weather that day!!